Thursday, July 28, 2011

So then I started a blog.

I decided to start this mostly so that I could share stories and pictures with friends and family back home more easily. I will be leaving in the next week or so to begin my job in Hanam-si, South Korea.


This is the city location; I realize this means next to nothing to a lot of you, though! The city is about 45 minutes outside of central Seoul and is classified as a "satellite city." It is also about 50 minutes away by bus from the town that my best friend Carly will be teaching in. Hanam is really pretty small for a Korean city, but I certainly don't mind that. It has all of the conveniences I could need, including the Emart (sort of a Korean answer to Walmart) that is literally a five minute walk from my apartment.

This is the website for the school I will be teaching at, if anyone is interested. It's in Korean, but you can poke around and be wowed by the cute kids, if you like! I'm really excited about this experience, and I hope to be able to report back about the good time I am having! I'll update more as the date approaches closer! Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I txted you already but I wanted to say it here: HURRAY!!! I'm really excited about your new teaching job and double HURRAY that Carly will only be an hour away! That's so fabulous! You two will still have each other in a new land! When do you leave and are you having a going away party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are adjusting well. I know that you will do great! Keep us posted on how it is going. Keep sending Carly the do and don't list of shipping yourself to Korea! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pamdorsey: Thanks for your well-wishes! I will keep giving Carly info as I think of it!

    ReplyDelete